Sunday 21 September 2014

BookWeek

         BookWeek
Friday the 19th of September 2014 Torbay school had a fun day going on called BookWeek. BookWeek is a day when all kids dress up as their favorite character from their favorite book. I have dressed up as Katniss from the Hunger games. To dress up as her i had to use my big thick navy blue raincoat and use my navy blue jeans. I also had the fun part by making my own homemade bow and arrow. I made a bow out of a good thick curved branch and some very stretchy string. I found some bamboo for the arrows but i didn't bring them because i thought i would get in trouble because they are so dangerous. But never mind i went to school like that and Mrs Kilkolly was very amazed. Later on after some work in the morning the whole school made their way to the hall. When we were all there the teachers told us a little speech saying well done for creating a costume for today. After that they started from the youngest to the oldest kids walking around the hall showing off their dress up with music going with them. Most of the songs us year 5 and 6 didn't think much of most of the songs were a bit babyish. For the rest of the day we had some teachers come over and read their favorite book to us and we did some fun BookWeek activities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment